Mailing platform made easy
for online sellers
- Transform initial version of the product into a marketing mailing platform
- Charleston, South Carolina, USA
Marketing that works
Mailfold is a Marketing Mailing Platform that allows sellers to send environmentally-friendly direct mail campaigns to customers anywhere in the United States.
Their solutions make it easy for sellers to create and customize postcards to make them uniquely yours. Also, the platform connects directly to the seller account on Etsy, Amazon, or Shopify so that a store’s history of past sales becomes the mailing list. So the seller can segment it by buying behavior and reach people who spent the most money in their store.
Thanks to this, sellers can focus entirely on creating marketing campaigns. And Mailfold does the heavy lifting.
- Business objectives
- Project issues
The version of the product that the client came to us with was just a basic platform with an opportunity to order and print the postcards. The idea was to transform this product into a marketing mailing platform by adding new features that will allow users to use the tool for boosting their marketing to a new level.
And to scale the business idea, it was really a matter of implementing all the new functionality at a level where it would transform into value that the customer is willing to pay real money for.
It was necessary to find advanced technical solutions to implement new features of the platform:
- Automate campaigns, which will allow sending emails by defined rules to the connected marketplace or CRM.
- Create a Dashboard, with the possibility to invite new clients to Mailfold, and to get revenue from them.
- Add development prospecting to extend the users’ target audience and find people by location, demography, etc.
- Add a QR code to the postcards, so that users could track the performance of marketing campaigns.
- Etsy integration that allows parsing customers to Mailfold contacts.
- Zapier integration that provides the ability to create events actions to connect Mailfold with other web applications.
- Stripe integration for payments and revenues integration.
- Lob integration that lets businesses send timely, personalized, automated offline communications to the customers.
- ActiveCampaign integration that offers software for customer experience automation, which combines the email marketing, marketing automation, sales automation, and CRM categories.
- Melissa integration that permits searching for address records for Mailfold Prospecting Tool.
- Mapbox integration that allows searching for addresses and displaying them on the map.
- Code refactoring and testing.
New users were acquired
Growth of paid users
Increase user satisfaction
We are working on the project via the milestones approach.
Each scope is estimated in advance, then the Project Document with Scope, Timeline, and Budget is created.
Regular updates are provided to the client on a daily basis to keep them aware of the progress.
PM is responsible for requirements elicitation and approval with the client. Only the tasks that are fully clarified and split into subtasks are taken into development.
- Project Manager
- UI/UX Designer
- Ruby on Rails Developer
- React Developer
- Quality Assurance Engineer
- Verification by the client
The manager deeply analyses each project scope before the start of the further works. The results of the requirements analysis and its estimation are outlined in the Project Document with the details of the planned Scope, Timeline, and Budget. Regular updates are provided to the client on a daily basis to keep them aware of the progress.
As soon as the project scope is approved by the client, the Design phase starts. After the designs are delivered, the Project Manager verifies the UI/UX results and confirms with the client that everything is made according to the requirements and reflects the market needs.
When the design is approved by the client, the development begins. The process starts with the requirements analysis and solution research by the development team. After that, we work on implementing this solution and testing it. Finally, we deploy it to the staging environment for QA. Only when we ensure that the solution works as expected, we inform the client that the feature is ready for the client’s verification.
All released features are deployed to the Staging Environment once per week for the client’s review and verification. As soon as we get the client’s approval, all features are deployed to the Production Environment. The Project Manager is responsible for the communication between the development team and the client as well as ensuring that everything released is according to the agreed requirements.
Decision maker feedback
I was blown away by the level of professionalism and execution of the Gotoinc team. They are truly world-class in bringing ideas to reality and doing it in a sustainable and measurable way. I can’t recommend them highly enough!
Tech stack we used
- Ruby on Rails
Use the link below to find the code sample.
Get in touch
Interested in discussing your project with us? Book a free consultation and we will give you an understanding of how to drive your product!
GeniusU is a web and mobile platform which connects over 1,000,000+ entrepreneurs to the right network, knowledge and opportunities based on their personal values, vision, passions, talents, and purpose.
Pixie is a practice management software for small accounting firms. It gets their customers, tasks, and workflows organised in one place. Such a solution allows accountants to stay on top of all ongoing work. Automatic logging ...
Zero To Ten
ZeroToTen is designed to help Learners find a coach anytime, anywhere and for anything. ZeroToTen is the most convenient way to improve your professional skills. It is an individually work with your personal coach, who will sha...
CafeX is help to connect instantly with colleagues, clients and partners, meet face to face in HD video, review documents and chat live in a secure environment, stay compliant and move business forward with everything just a cl...
Qualaroo makes it easy to survey specific users in context while they are looking at your product, service & brand. Get actionable user insights based on where visitors are on your site, who they are, how much they pay, vis...